Do you want Twitter avatars in your blog’s comments? Then read this article to get Twitter Avatar In Your Blog’s Comments. This is actually a WordPress plugin so only for those who have WordPress blog. As you may know, Twitter has become extremely popular social networking site among other social networking sites. Every bloggers, magazines, companies and individuals use Twitter to communicate with others (customers,friends and etc). Although i am not giving you a guarantee that Twitter will revolutionized your blog, but twitter will definitely affect your blog in terms of high traffic from Twitter and will also change the way you communicate with your visitors. As you are the owner of your blog so you have to be aware with those things which your visitors like. So try to meet their expectations and make your blog as your visitor want to see not you.
Twitter Avatar WordPress Plugin:
This plugin is created by Ricardo Sousa, a young designer with a strong passion for WordPress. This plugin uses Twitter to show avatars in comments in the WordPress blogs. This plugin proves a complete ‘avatar for comments’ solution for WordPress.
Features of Twitter Avatar Plugin:
- Uses user’s avatar by matching the email to the user’s Twitter email.
- It tries to load user’s gravatar if user don’t use Twitter.
- It shows a default image if user don’t have a gravatar.
- Customizable border to the images.
- Customizable size.
- Customizable default image.
Download: Twitter Avatar Plugin
To download this plugin, click on this link: Twitter Avatar WordPress Plugin
Instructions for installation:
Copy the “Twitter Avatar” file to plugins. e.g example.com/wp_root/plugins.
1. Activate this plugin.
2. Go to Appearance > Editor
3. Choose comment.php or comments.php and find the lines where the template manages the comments.
4. Copy the following line and add it where you want to show the avatar
<?php twittar(size, placeholderimg, border, class, usegravatar, rating); ?>
Now save the file and enjoy Twitter Avatars, You’r done!
If you need any help regarding how to install or edit it, please feel free to post your questions in the comment box below.